YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Gaston Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to qualifying high school seniors.
Annual Enrollment is from March 1st - June 1st of each year.
. If there are no qualifying applicants,or applications received within the specified time frame, Gaston Memorial Scholarship, reserves the right to acknowledge with great pleasure, the successes of prior recipients during the scheduled ceremony.
Please speak to a counselor at your local high school concerning your academic standing and support if applying. All applicants must:
(1) Be a graduating senior from a public High School in the local community;
(2) Possess high standards of character, evidenced by application content that includes examples of Family, Leadership and Community Service;
(3) Download and forward a paper copy of the attached application form within the specified deadline;
(4) Provide a letter of acceptance to an accredited four year college or university or a reputable two year college or trade school;
(5) Must make every effort to be present at the scheduled Awards Ceremony where a special speaker will be present to address the winner(s) and the Scholarship will be presented.
Double click here to add text.
Hello Gaston Memorial Scholarship,
I'm Danielle Baker and I was one of the scholarship recipients when I graduated high school in 2015. I just wanted to send an update and let you know how I was doing. This semester, I am studying abroad in Koblenz, Germany. I am taking several business classes as well as finding time to travel around Europe. It has been a wonderful opportunity so far and I am really learning a lot and experiencing so many new things. I would love to share my blog with you about my experiences here! The link is: Adventures Abroad of Danielle
(copy and paste into separate tab)
This summer, I am interning with AT&T once again and I should find out my location for the summer any time now. I just wanted to take some time to thank you as well for the scholarship I received in 2015. Being a recipient of the scholarship has helped me in so many ways and has led me to amazing opportunities like studying abroad that. It was truly a blessing for my family and me. I am very thankful for the Gaston Memorial Scholarship and everything that it does for students in the Bloomington-Normal area.
Thank you so much again!